Note: Mariotek does not say that only those who search for free applications or seek for free things do fall victim to malicious website, instead we mean that most people who get there phones firmware affected are those who strive to get cracked applications or free guides. It can also affect you if you do rarely visit websites, because hackers are seriously searching for loophole to get all mankind on their trap.
How to Avoidnow that you have known the reasons or cause of what makes your phone to pop out ads or automatically install applications to your device without your consent, it is time now to see how to avoid falling into the trap of these black hat hackers, the following bullet points list ways on how to avoid.
- Do not Download applications from third party sources, use application store instead
- Do not click on ads you see on websites, which advertises sex or other suspicious commercials
- Allow AD block on your browser when you surf the net
- Connect to a VPN before surfing the net
- Install Mobile Security on your phone
- Uninstall any non relevant application from your device
- do not click any link that looks suspicious you have no knowledge about what it is all about
- go to settings >> apps and uninstall any application that is not visible on your phones menu
How to remove pop up ads on Android
You would need to flash your device firmware using either the affected Android phone or PC, only flashing the device firmware would bring a total solution to these cyber attack, by completely removing the bloatware, let now see how to remove the virus using the affected phone, after which we would also see the PC method
If the pop up ads still allows you to surf the net you can head over to the internet and download a custom or an updated firmware of your device, if you are using the latest version of your device firmware you can still downlaod it. make sure you are downloading the exact rom proframmed for your device model in other to avoid bricking your device, you can use applications like phone info to view your device model, and other specifications, the best sites to downlaod custom roms is the XDA developers forum, Cyanogenmod roms are good websites to downlaod android phone roms. Once you download the compatible rom for your phone. Do the following.
- Place the rom file at the root of your sd card
- Now reboot your phone to recovery mode (use volume down +power key combo)
- Now install the zip file you downloaded earlier, from sd card
- Once You have selected the file proceed and flash it
- Now apply update
- if installation is completed, wipe cache
- Now wipe data/reset